Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Muffin Love

Last night I made a dinner which is awesome, but requires no recipes -- garlic smashed cheesy potatoes, green beans, & mac 'n cheese. But I also threw a little homemade into it by making some jalapeno cheese muffins to go along with. I had seen a recipe for some fabulous looking Corn Muffins on Elena Brent Rosemond-Hoerr's Biscuits and Such southern food blog, but I couldn't get the page to load last night for some reason.

So I went to the very talented Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman Cooks site and found a similar recipe for Cheese Muffins. I simply added a whole jalapeno, seeded and minced at the end of the recipe so that I could get the heat that my boyfriend & I love. All in all, they turned out delicious... I think I skimped a bit on the cheese because I used all I had in the fridge & it may not have been 3 full cups. But I took them to work this morning (the recipe made twelve, and twelve muffins were not going to be eaten by 2 people) & they were gobbled up in under an hour. A success, I would say!

Photo courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Jalapeno-Cheese Muffins (recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks except for the pepper)

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
1 jalapeno (seeds removed & discarded, then diced)

Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese. Add jalapeno & combine thoroughly.

In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.

Bake in greased 12-muffin tin at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. so sorry about that! we've been having some trouble with our server, everything is moving a little slower than necessary. i'll have the husband look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it was my own computer connection somehow... I'll try yours at some point, too :)

    ReplyDelete